Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Hocus Pocus!

It is soooo cold up here. It reminds me how much I hate the winter and cold now that I am a wimp. I am so looking forward to our Hawaii trip in a month! Blue oceans, warm air, clear skies.............

Alright, so a few days ago I went to an herbal shop. My friend referred me there a long time ago and I had always laughed at her. Anyway I was amazed at what the lady could tell. She has some wierd 'body energy' thing that can supposedly tell you what is 'out of whack' in your body. She does it by you pushing your thumb and middle finger together and when you say a word, your body "releases" an energy whether it's positive or negative. Anyway when you say the word she tries to pull your fingers apart. If she can't then that part of the body is strong. If she can then that part of your body is weak. Then she showed me some other stuff. Like when she said heart, my fingers stayed together. Then she had me hold a can of sugar (poison) and say heart and I couldn't keep my fingers together. Then I put it down and they stayed together. It's wierd is all I can say. Anyway I have a feeling that it's true because everything that was 'wrong' with me matched the symptons that she asked. Anyway I decided to try what she recommended and see if it works. I honestly think your body and tell you stuff. I guess I will find out...

So I told Jake about it and of course you can guess what he was saying. That it was just like a physic or something. You should have seen his face, he was like 'oh man, what is my wife doing now!' Has anyone of you guys ever tried herbs or been to see an herb 'counselor'? Just wondering. I don't think herbs are the answer to everything, but some simple stuff, what can it hurt to try? Hopefully you guys don't think I am some sorta of wierdo or something.

On another note, we got our new camera today! I am excited. Our last one got broken ( I won't say how) but it was almost as much to fix it as to get a new one! That and I feel like we got a steel on it!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

lots of my friends go to naturalpaths (herb doctors) and stuff. They all swear by them. I think that some of the remedies probably work. Modern medicine is fairly new and I am sure that herbs worked before and will now.

Excited for you about your camera. I won't tell Nate how much you found it for though. He hates it when he buys something and then the price drops soon afterward. Oh well, it all washes in the end. I hope you have fun using it.

I'm jealous about Hawaii. But then I'm also jealous about you living in Idaho. I miss the seasons. And it's into November and still 90 degrees here!!

bonny with a Y said...

i have never been to hawaii - my children want to go, bruce does not - we'll see.

i too love the seasons. but i wouldn't want to raise children in the snow - all that dressing and undressing - just to go out and play!