Sunday, January 29, 2006

Be grateful beforehand.......

You never really realize how grateful you are for something until it's gone or you can't have it. I feel that way right now about food! I miss being able to enjoy a meal and looking forward to food. Wanting to taste a certain taste or eating Thai food and enjoying it. Not wondering how it will taste and if it will stay down or other nasty things. Hating the smell as you cook it and already dreading it by the time it is ready to eat. Right now it's sad that I dream about being able to eat. I have a few 'staples' right now that are able to stay down. Cereal and pretzels. It's not any cereal either, it's either Great Grains or Shredded Mini Wheats. It can't have any sweet sugar taste. I eat about three bowls of cereal a day. I don't know why it's this? With Cruz, it was waffles. I can't touch them this time. Although I would have to say I can't stand soda pop! I love water. Juice doesn't even taste good. It has to be cold bottled water. I guess that's been my healthy advantage to this.

Anyway, I have to clear Jake's name. In the past he hasn't been totally 'understanding' in ways. With Kirsten, he wasn't very sympathetic, for those that can remember. With this one he has been a total sweetheart! He has done everything you could imagine! He wakes up every morning and gets McKay ready for school and then takes her. He takes care of the kids until I wake up and get on my feet from the morning sickness. It never goes completely away I am afraid. If I have had a bad day he will make dinner or bring it home. He even rubs my back almost every night. I just want to say how grateful I am for him! He has made it so much easier for me! I love him and am thankful for everything he does!

Although we didn't 'plan' this I think we both say it couldn't of happened at a better time. I had originally wanted to wait until at least next August. By then Jake would have been back in his busy time and wouldn't of been able to help out so much when I got sick. Falling that I got sick in the winter, he has been able to help out more. He has also been working late at night due to the remodeling projects that he has to do after closing hours. We have been blessed that he has been busy all year though. Another factor is the baby will be here the first week of August and the kids will be out of school. McKay will be back from her 'break'. I guess all things have reason, we just sometimes find out later than sooner.

7 comments:

Hester said...

yay for jake!

Maddy Grace said...

yay for jake too!

Maddy Grace said...

yay for jake too!

Min said...

I can totally sympathize Amy! I'm glad Jake is being so supportive this time around.

Thank heavens for supportive husbands. Mike would get the kids and himself ready for school and take them and let me sleep (I did have to get out of bed long enough to do Aimee's hair) and luckily Alex would go back down for a nap as the kids went to school. He's a big help once the babies come too. I don't know what I would do without such a great husband.

Hester said...

also amy, you are not inspiring me to have any babies anytime soon

Betsy said...

It's good to see the real side of things once in a while hester. Just remember that though babies are cute, they come with strings attached!!

Amy I am glad that Jake is helping out. Nate is always a great help. He got better as time went on and the more kids we got. I'm glad that things are working out for you. I hope you feel better soon.

amy k said...

Hester, although the beginning is literally horrible, the end is just the opposite! It's always worth it. Thats the part I have to keep telling myself.