Friday, December 15, 2006

Reminiscing

...I was talking on the phone today to a friend and realized that it was a year ago that we were leaving Hawaii. Nice beaches, blue water, but most of all....the nice warm weather. I miss it. I am so jealous of those sitting in Jamaica right now getting ready to enjoy the holidays or those knowing they will be there. I am looking outside and seeing the dark gray storm clouds come. I can hear the wind howling and I am not looking forward for this afternoon when I am having to go to town. I'm not helping myself any either by looking thru last year pictures and seeing how nice it was.

Although I do have a few things I should be glad for. Exactly this day last year I had started my dreaded morning sickness. It was the day we had flown into Texas and picked up our suburban. I am not missing that at all. It is still fresh in my mind. I am not missing having a keen sense of smell and wishing I could spend all my time asleep so I wouldn't have to face the battle of my stomach.

Back to the nice part. Enjoy the beach for me! Hannah....do some of our famous boogie boarding, back before we knew how to do it. Aw the nice beach days.

Anyway we are looking forward to Betsy coming though. My kids are excited and I am excited that family came to us this year. I am looking forward to a nice simple Christmas and I wish everyone the same. Love you all and have fun.

3 comments:

Min said...

Have fun with Betsy and fam. We loved getting to see you last year.

Maddy Grace said...

I will have fun just for you while tanning on the beach

Phoebe said...

I miss the sun!