Sunday, May 15, 2011

Things I am going to miss....

Reality is setting in. For the last couple of weeks, I've realized how much I'm going to miss Idaho, even more, the people in Idaho. Many different things have passed through my mind but tonight I'm going to focus on just one of them. My dad. This past week he has been up here visiting me again. He usually spends about 3 weeks a year up here with me and my family. My kids love it. I love it.

He has his "rituals" that he does with my kids:
  • Going to Barnes and Noble and buying them a book.
  • Going to Big Judd's and getting the big hamburger.
  • Making their "own" list and going grocery shopping.
  • Feeding the ducks at the falls.
  • Going to our annual "special place". (This year the weather didn't cooperate and we couldn't make it up there even though we tried.)
I really hope he can come out and visit me in Texas. (One doctor has cleared it.) I'm so grateful for our friendship.

3 comments:

Laura said...

It's always fun to start a new adventure...but always hard to say goodbye!

ShayLynn said...

What a sweet post! I told Marissa we need to do a "roommate reunion" at a park before you move! Change is always hard but it helps us grow!

amy k said...

Shay - That would be fun. I'll be down the last week in May and first week in June. Let me know if you want to do something.