Thursday, June 09, 2011

To Do List

Last week, I had a whole list of "to dos" to do. I hope I saw everyone and if not I'm very sorry! It's hard to pack years worth of friends and people and day to day life into just a week. Here are a few of the things we did.
We finally got to meet and hold my brother's baby. Meet Korver Jhett Michael Smith. I'm so glad that someone else used four names too! His abundance of hair reminds me of how much Kirsten had as a baby.
We had an afternoon / evening with Jacob's side of the family. It wasn't long enough but it was fun to see everyone.
McKay met a cousin, Jason. Her Aunt Jamie had her son on Memorial Day but she had to wait til Friday to hold him. He's another adorable baby! Between the two newborns my kids were begging me (again) for another one.
My dad took the kids to their favorite fishing spot. McKay's big catch for the day got away, but we did get a picture to prove it.She was not happy when Kirsten wanted to hold her fish (and every other fish). In fact that is what caused the escape. Kirsten accidentally unhooked the fish and it started flopping and was released back into the fish pond.
Saturday afternoon, we finished going swimming at my mom's friends house. The pool was about 95 degrees and the kids enjoyed every minute.

Other things not pictured but happened during the week: McKay going to do baptisms for the dead for the first time, our own Memorial Day BBQ since the Smith family one was cancelled due to bad weather, Saturday night game night.

We will miss our family that was close by us.

1 comment:

grannybabs said...

We are excited to see your new home and hear all about settling in!! (And I'm even a tiny bit envious - striking out on a new adventure sounds like fun!!)