Friday, September 09, 2011

her own personal orchestra

McKay is definitely a loved one. This is her new cello. Her teacher helped tune it this morning. This was the first time picking it up and playing it. (She already told me that this picture is a bad picture because she is holding the bow with a violin hand and not a cello hand.)She's been practicing nonstop for the last two hours. She hasn't had a lesson yet and she sounds quite good. I think I prefer the sound of the cello over the violin. The video below is just of a song she had memorized that she played on her violin. I was quite impressed.

McKay is playing in the Chamber (top) Orchestra with violin and her teacher wants her to play either in the Intermediate or Beginner Orchestra with the cello. With her quick learning and background in music already, I'm guessing it will be Intermediate. Hmmm, if every kid plays two instruments, maybe I'll have my own orchestra someday.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Ellen loves the cello and is still playing in the orchestra. Keep up the good work McKay!

grannybabs said...

Harry loves the cello - I love its sound too. Ditto Leslie - keep it up!

Alice said...

McKay, you sound great. Hester played the cello and I have always loved the sound. Keep it up.