Tuesday, September 27, 2011

When I grow up....

This week at school is "Education Go Get It Week." Monday was "I want to be a ...." day. So the kids got to sign a poster stating what they wanted to be. This started a wonderful conversation at dinner time. I thought I'd share....
Katanya wants to be a cat trainer. She made it clear by saying, "Not a lion or tiger trainer, but a cat trainer...C-A-T."
Cruz said he wanted to be a police officer. He also said it was because it was a safe job. (?????)
Kirsten thought long and hard. She first thought about being a vet because she loves pets and that way she would get to be around them. Then she realized that she would have to deal with blood and quickly changed her mind. She decided (at this age) to be a math teacher.
And last but certainly not least, McKay wants to play in an orchestra and be an actress. Oh my! I think that maybe having two orchestra periods (chamber for violin and advanced for cello) and getting a main character in the school play has fogged her thinking. : ) Kids will be kids and I love mine!

3 comments:

mckay k said...

well you could have atleast made "fogged her thinking" a pun. like.... tempered with her thinking. you know... tempo and tampered? tempered? i think that's a lot more punny.

Hester said...

I think katanya's pose is my fav (also C-A-T s need trainers too) : )

grannybabs said...

Mckay is a punster? Yay - tell her I approve of that one!!