Tuesday, October 25, 2011

how it works inside

It all started on Saturday. I went to find a Halloween costume for the two oldest kids (as the two youngest wanted to be something from past years) and then while shopping for the kids, Jacob saw a costume he wanted. I admit it's an pretty great idea and it soon spread that that was what the two oldest girls wanted to do too. Before I go on, I need to add that the kids need their costumes by Thursday evening. So it was off to the fabric store to figure out materials as I tried to figure a pattern out in my head. I went to put my plan in motion Sunday afternoon except my sewing machine didn't understand the motion idea. The tension was off and not picking up the basting stitch and I had no idea to fix it. I asked Jacob if he knew anything and that was where it all went down.
I should have known better. I think he wanted to see how it worked more than anything. After all he is an Electrical Engineer. My poor sewing machine has been laid to rest. I guess that is what you get when you buy ol' cheapo model at WalMart. I'm not too upset though. For the 8 years that I've used it, I've definitely had gotten my $100 worth of sewing out of it. I'll tell you what I miss......my mom's serger.

P.S. I think I work better with a deadline anyway.

2 comments:

grannybabs said...

My machine "died" a few years ago - actually I took it in and said keep it - and what else can you sell me?

And I'm so glad I don't have to make Halloween costumes anymore!!

Laura said...

Boo. Well at least it had a good run in it's life right? Sergers are the best- so fun to zip through the sewing and have nice clean edges!!!