Saturday, October 06, 2012

Saturday is a Special Day...

Such a GREAT Saturday:
We started off by.....
 
listening and taking notes from this morning conference session with a bunch of McKay's friends (and my Beehives!)  
 
We play Conference Jeopardy this coming mutual activity....
 
"Ask a missionary!"
....hence the note taking.  Jacob even made the game so they get real buzzers!
After morning conference, I coached our first game.  McKay and her friend Julia, persuaded me into coaching their city league this season as they got bumped from the younger bracket because of their birthdays.  We won our first game, almost won the second (they gave a good fight at the end.) And the third one slipped away, so we lost the match.   They did awesome though and I know its the beginning of a good season! 
We finished with an even bigger group of girls coming over for the DVR'ed session of the afternoon session.  I've enjoyed the messages learned and I love and appreciate my own family more than ever!

2 comments:

grannybabs said...

I love general conference - and it is so great that you encourage the youth to pay close attention!!

chelon:) said...

my girls had such a great time there! kass took so many notes. hopefully it will help us kick the boys butts on wed ;)