Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A new Halloween Tradition? maybe ?

We started a new tradition last night. We gave our kids the option of going out into 22 degree weather, go trick-or-treating to a few houses, be freezing cold, and go home. OR Go to Toys-R-Us, Have $10 to spend on a toy, frost sugar cookies, and have fun with the fam. The kids were smart and opted the last one. They still got to dress up and celebrate.


Anyway on to the pictures. Cruz had been dressed up as a stealth pilot for the whole day.

Kirsten who was a witch came to me to put some clips in to keep her hair out of her face. Cruz came running up and wanted clips in his hair also. It gave me this IDEA...... And you have to admit....he could make a really cute girl. Although I SWORE to Jake I would never do this again. That this was the ONLY night.He enjoyed clopping around on the heels....needless to say he stumbled many times.A close up......Halloween was simple...we went to the dress up box and they picked their costumes. McKay wore her genie costume again this year to school. Since it was so cold I made her wear two layers. Kirsten was a witch. Cruz was a fighter pilot and then a girl.

9 comments:

Alice said...

Jake was a girl once for Halloween.

Kaahl said...

Ahh like father like son...a family of pansies.

bonny with a Y said...

IN the second to last pic -Cruz looks EXACTLY like Jake.


and Karl - you have a GIRL for your icon.

Hester said...

i remember we used to dress axel up as a girl all the time when we lives in korea. Mom's english kids thought he actually was a girl :) good times, good times

traci said...

Ahhh traditions. I may have started one this year as well. I CANCELLED Halloween. After two large temper tantrums from children who are too old and a day of misbehavior by all I had had it.

We skipped the Halloween party we were supposed to go to (Jeff accepted overtime without thinking) and stayed home. I let the kids dress up and hand out the candy.

A good time was had by all, plus we had plenty of candy from the night before at our ward FHE Trunk or Treat.

Maybe I'll do the same next year. It's certainly easier.

Betsy said...

We used to dress Karl up as a girl all the time. I have a picture somewhere, I'll have to find it. And I remember Jake curling his hair with a mini curling iron once. I think I have a picture of that too. We'll have to look.

N8ster said...

I was about to aske if you guys used to dress Karl up like a girl, but then I saw Betsy's post. . .

grannybabs said...

Little Harry had gorgeous curly hair and I used to put it in pony tails all the time - and I took a picture too but can't find it - maybe someone destroyed it??

And we used to fix Bobby's hair in pony tails all the time too - he had wonderful curly hair.

And Noah loved to wear a tutu and a tiara and carry a wand - I have that photo - maybe I will post it one day. (he was about 2 or 3)

Alice said...

When Karl was two he fell and cut his face. We went to the ER and they said, "We had better stitch it up, you wouldn't want HER to have a scar". Needless to say we went right out and cut his curly, longish hair. However, he always looked like a boy as did Bobby. Some people simply don't look past the hair.