Friday, August 03, 2007

The most wonderful time of the year

I love the beginning of fall / late summer for the tasty fruits and veggies! I found a little truck roadside stand that sells the best sweetest corn we have had in a long time. Just to give you a few numbers on how well we like it. I bought 4 dozen ears yesterday. Last night we cooked 22 ears. Jake had 5, Kirsten had 5, Cruz only had 3 due to the fact that he ate an ENTIRE T-bone steak by himself. You can figure out how many I ate....(I'm not bragging about this. It was so yummy! To make up for it I ran an extra mile this morning on my run.)

The only other thing that can compare to sweet young corn is fresh juicy peaches which I will soon be indulging in. My mom's are on and when we go down to pick up McKay you can be sure I will bring plenty back! :)

2 comments:

Betsy said...

I miss the corn stands, there aren't any nearby here. And it is past season for most things. But we tend to be able to buy a huge variety of good stuff at the store.

I love your placemats!

traci said...

Road side stands are the BEST for fresh veggies and fruit. We are blessed to have one just a two minute drive (and two lights) down from our house. It's a weekly visit.

Corn is just coming into it's prime here.