Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Be a man

On Saturday, Jake was helping a friend in their attic hook up there ceiling fan.

On Sunday morning, (before church) he (accidently) showed me a big scrape caused from a nail in the attic.

Sunday at noon, I finally convinced him to go get a tetanus since it had been at least 10 years. I think the kids did a better job of convincing since they heard all the bad things that can happen.

Sunday evening, he complained of a little soreness in his arm.

Monday evening, he says,

"If I have to get another tetanus shot, I'll die."

It's been awhile since I've had a shot, but if I remember right, it's a lot less painful to take it in the hip (or butt). Why would you opt the painful way?

4 comments:

Earl and Vickie said...

There's just something not manly about getting a shot in the butt.....
Of course, it IS manly to whine.....

hanner said...

I do hate that tetanus shot. But thanks to Tdap you don't have to get a booster! Ever!

Hester said...

I just got the shot a few years ago and cried many times when anyone accidently touched my arm. I feel your pain jake!

Felipe and Erika said...

It is REALLY painful. I got one in Idaho, when you were remodeling your home. Every time I rolled over in bed I would wake up. I told myself I would be so much more sensitive with my kids when they got their shots. It was worse than I remembered:)