Thursday, April 30, 2009

Desperate Housewife No-No

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry. These pictures don't even do the damage justice. Jake is going to look at our blog from school and I know he won't be happy. Maybe I'll just start by saying, "Can anyone guess what color of crayon with through the dryer? You can't tell? Let me get closer.
Maybe this will help. Or this.
Like I said before, these pictures really don't show just how GREEN everything is.
Now, I have a few things to sort out. Who put the crayon in their pocket? There are only three people's pants here.....Jake, Kirsten and McKay. That should make it easy.

It's sad but funny. It's sad because Jake's nice (for school) pants were in this load of laundry. Sad because Kirsten's favorite pants were the only one to go in this load. It's funny because they are just so green and because I don't dry my pants that I was saved from this disaster.

P.S. You don't even want to know how green the inside of my dryer is. I've got a lot of scrubbing to do.

14 comments:

Jacob said...

YIKES! New rule at the kerksiek household .... NO CRAYONS ALLOWED!

Betsy said...

ouch! I am so sorry. I hate the kind of mistakes that make so much work to clean up. Try heating up the dryer and maybe some of the crayon will wipe out easier. Good luck.

Sariah said...

We have had this happen at our house as well.

McKay Anne said...

They were my favorite too!

N8ster said...

For the worst spots, if there is still a lot of crayon on the clothes, put a paper napkin or paper towel on the crayon, and then heat it with an iron. Most of the wax should wick into the paper.

Laura said...

Okay that is the worst when you pull out laundry that has been ruined. Bad surprise. Grrrrr. I feel your pain.

Hannahtess said...

At least it wasn't pen... and yes, that happened to me a few years ago. I think it's good, you're sporting green in remembrance of earth day last month.

grannybabs said...

Yes, tell everyone you did it on purpose for Earth Day!!

Tell them you are "going green" in a big way!

Hester said...

When we were in college Eliza fell asleep with a highlighter in her bed and the results were similiar- yellow all the her, her sheets, and pjs.

Alice said...

i CAN'T EVEN COUND THE NUMBER OF TIMES THAT THIS HAS HAPPENED TO US HERE AT THE KERKSIEK'S HOUSEHOLD. HOWEVER, I DO FEEL YOUR PAIN. ONE TIME IT HAPPENED WITH DALE'S SUNDAY SHIRTS!! THAT WAS A MESS. GOOD LUCK WITH NO CRAYONS. WE TRIED THAT SEVERAL TIMES BUT TO NO AVAIL.

bonny with a Y said...

SO sorry - the crayon thing happened when i was at UCSB and some child had gone around and put crayons (GREEN as well) in the dryers. (I am assuming this because I had no children and we didn't color with crayons ) I was livid - and was grumpy with every child in family student housing for a long time.

traci said...

SO this happened to me yesterday - with a blue crayon on jeans. Totally ruined! The dryer cleaned out with Mr Clean Magic Eraser after running it empty for 15 - 20 mins to heat it up. (Over and over as it cooled before clean up was done) Lots of elbow grease, but it worked.

CLOROX 2!!!!! Soak your jeans according to package instructions. Then wash with CLOROX 2 according to package instructions. Miracle!! There are only two spots left on Anna's jeans and I'm planning to spot treat those today. Brenden's and Natalie's pants are spotless and Natalie's were the worst! And Anna's pants are now wearable at least - no one but me would probably see the two spots left under the knee.

Good Luck!

amy k said...

Wow, I will have to try it. Where they faded blue like mine are faded green? Thanks for the tip.

traci said...

They looked very similar to yours - only blue. Good luck!