Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Seven Brides for a Brother in the Circle of Life


Since August I have been studying at ISU. For a number of reasons and through a series of events I will be transferring to BYU-Idaho this fall. Yes, after 16 years, my life has come full circle ... right back to the BYU.


This summer I will be taking a few last courses at ISU in order to ease my transition to BYU-I. I was hoping to squeeze in a religion class so I went to visit the Institute director here on campus. After a nice 20 minute conversation the brother gave me a number so that I could call him later when he was in his office where he could look at the schedule.


Here is a transcript of the conversation we had over the phone:


Me: Hello, Brother Horner, this is Jacob I spoke with you earlier.


Brother: Oh yes, I looked at the schedule and the class you asked about is not being taught.


Me: That's too bad. Looks like I will not be attending institute.


Brother: You should still come .... there will be alot of girls there.


Me. The problem with that is that I am married and have four children.


Brother: Yes you are right ... coming just for the girls would be problem for you.

5 comments:

tipi tai said...

Jake, this is great news! Congratulations. I am sure that you are making a good decision. Are you planning on keeping your business up while at school/over the summer?

-Robbie

Hester said...

hilarious.

Congrats! you are going to do great!

Alice said...

We are so proud of you. Good Luck. We know that you will succeed.

Keli said...

Ah, school.

Good luck with that.

And I'm sure there are some girls that would be more than willing to date you even if you do have a wife and four kids. It is Idaho after all.

grannybabs said...

Good decision - going to school married with 4 kids makes it easier to focus on your studies!