Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Babysitting

Jake and I had to run out of town for a quick trip last weekend so we asked my brother and his wife, Haley, to watch the kids for a day and a half. They are expecting their first in July, so it would be a true test. So while I forgot my camera (and took no pictures as we drove across the Hoover Dam,) my brother captured many for memories.Mike was stoked. He cleaned and planned and prepared. They played with rabbits. (I can already see McKay plotting on how she is going to convince us to get a bunny.)They played on playgrounds and got plenty of "push me highers".They were smart and fed them kid favorites.Cruz was all smiles, and rather easy, as always.Kirsten showed how some girls love to talk, and talk, and talk.You also realize that in a two bedroom apartment (the same one that I once lived in when I had McKay) that it doesn't stay very "neat".
Katanya made a new best friend by the time it was over.... ....And after we picked them back up Sunday afternoon, I'm sure Mikey felt like this. Although I know he will be a great dad!

6 comments:

Earl and Vickie said...

Hummm, Hoover Dam and you didn't call? I see how it is.....

Actually you COULD say you called, we were up in Utah, so we'll let it slide THIS time......

amy k said...

Earl, we were going to call but we were driving through. Then after seeing your blog last night, I laughed because anytime we come through you are in Utah.

Hester said...

the love the label to the post.

Earl and Vickie said...

Yeah Hester, but if I read it right, it's too late.......

ShayLynn said...

So weird to see him married... what apartment is that? What a trooper to watch your kids - it looks like they had a great time though!

amy k said...

Shay - It's the basement of Kyle Tuckett's house in Lindon across from our old church.