Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A camping she will go

McKay went to camp for a week on Monday. I think as a parent, you never think your kids are old enough for what they want to do. It's good that she knows what she wants and that she has the "courage" to do it, but as her mom, I miss her.

I also got a major "parenting" lesson as I dropped her off. We picked up one of her closest friend on the way into town because both parents were working. When I dropped her off, I snapped one quick picture (only one) and followed the instructions the leaders gave us. When it was time to say good-byes and depart our own ways, it was all I could do to just get a hug from McKay. I'm really hoping in the back of my mind that she was just too excited and wanted to get going on the bus than the option. I really hope she's not too embarrassed or think she is too old to get a hug from her mom in public. Gee, some of the mom's were making there sons give them kisses on the lips. I don't think I was that bad.

I've noticed that when your oldest is gone, that the younger kids are twice the handful. McKay loves to play with Katanya and she is a sweetheart on helping me with all my "little" things that help me get everything done during the day. I will have to remember to give her an extra hug when she gets home and not take her for granted on all the little things.

2 comments:

Hester said...

oh sad! No hug for you. Pretty soon she'll be in young womens and going to girls camp and going on dates (heaven forbid) and then what are you going to do?

grannybabs said...

Don't think ahead too far - time flies fast enough by itself!!