Saturday, June 06, 2009

Sweet Surprises!

I got a phone call on Tuesday afternoon. It was Jake's mom saying they were in Utah and were wondering if they could come up tomorrow and spend a day with us. Of course, I said yes and moments later my kids were jumping up and down. This was a sweet surprise.We had the garden just about ready, and Jake saved the "last" tilling for his dad. I guess this was a favorite of his. (I didn't have my camera and I regret not getting a picture of that.) Katanya took a very quick liking to Grandma and wouldn't let her out of her sight. They colored and played all afternoon.
After bath time Katanya played dress up.When morning came we were sad to see them go. After playing games and talking all night, you realize how much you can really miss your family. So far this summer has been off to a good start with family. My dad has been here for two weeks, my brother and sister-in-law were up last weekend, and this week has been Grandma and Grandpa Kerksiek, and now I am watching my niece and nephew for the weekend, with Grandma Smith coming up later today. Maybe Idaho is finally getting a little more popular????? (P.S. I can't forget that Hannah and Hester started it off a little early and saw us in April. We can't forget that fun visit either.)

2 comments:

Alice said...

We miss you too and had a great time.

Hester said...

that's right Amy, you best be remembering that hannah and I kicked off the visiting season!

I'm glad ya'll had fun. The last picture must have been first thing in the morning, everyone still looks like they are half asleep.