Monday, June 15, 2009

It's been a long time

This past week with all the rain (and no work) I decided to start reading a series that many people were into last year. It's been a long time since I have picked up a book. The last book I read was in 2003, I believe. It was Harry Potter, book 5. If I remember right, it was the day that we traveled up to Yellowstone with Betsy, her family, Karl, Axel and Maddy. I didn't like how they killed off Sirius so I stopped reading it after that. I know, it sounds dumb but I really get too involved when I read. In fact, McKay brought this up today too. She said that the only thing she was going to ask for Christmas was for me to finish the Harry Potter series. What is she thinking? Back to the main plot...

So while my blogging may be slow again, my mind isn't. After reading about 1100 pages in the last 6 days, I've enjoyed it tremendously. My only conclusion is this: After watching the actual Twilight movie tonight I am extremely disappointed. I would honestly rather stick to the books. (And I am so glad I read the book first.) So while they predict yet another week of rain (although we may get into the 70's this week) here's to the next two upcoming books that I will be reading.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Glad you enjoyed Twilight. I enjoy it. 2nd movie is supposed to be soooo much better (better director, bigger budget).
Enjoy your reading time.