Thursday, July 02, 2009

Four....

The Monday before we headed down to Texas, some good friends took us golfing. I've never been a big fan, and had never played the sport (miniature golfing doesn't count). It turned out to be funner than I thought. I think as long as you have the right company and can be patient and laugh with Jake's over powerful swings that send them into the canal, we could enjoy this more often. Jake actually did really well. It was firsts for both of us. Although I have to step in and brag that I got 2ND place out of the four and I managed to keep my ball the whole time. : )
Now it brings me to a different point. If you notice it was June 22ND, that we went. I was wearing a sweater because it was chilly and a little breezy (I wasn't the only one who was wearing one). It's now the beginning of July and we have yet to be in the 90's. By the time I get home it will be another month of good summer weather and the cold starts in again. Now being in Texas it's over 100+. I know they have a few hot months, and they have the heat index, but I would take Texas the whole year round instead of the Idaho weather anytime. I'm not too happy that the year is half over and summer has yet to show it's face in Idaho.

1 comment:

grannybabs said...

My grandpa played golf - had a 3-hole course in his back yard - we'd give it a swing now and then - I was not much good at it!!

Lots of people love golf though.