Thursday, October 08, 2009

a fish story

This past weekend my grandpa took the kids fishing. It is something he has been doing the past 7 years. My kids still ask him every time when are they going to go.
This was the first year that Katanya really enjoyed it. She would throw the line in and wait for the fish. When one bit the hook she hollered with delight. She needed a little help at the end getting it out of the water. She wasn't sure if she wanted to get too close while it was still wiggling.
Cruz was the serious one. His faces were priceless.This was the first year he wasn't afraid of them. It always amazes me how much he looks like Jacob (from what I have seen through pictures).
This picture was just too priceless not to post, although it didn't resemble anything about Kirsten's fishing trip.
She went around wanting to pet every fish that was caught. I think she was trying to show me that fish aren't that gross. (I hate (HATE) touching fish.)She even played with the worms. And her very last fish she carried it with her finger through the gill to go get cleaned. Jacob promised her something if she would do this. I still think he hasn't paid up. Kirsten is my counter and I'm sure she won't forget.
McKay's the pro. This was her first year of holding a fish as well. My girls are tough!
I think next year I am going to made her bait and hook (and de-hook) her own fish.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

LOVE that your kids do this. My dad would be so proud!!

grannybabs said...

Since I don't like fish, I haven't worried much about going fishing - but I did go once - about 35 years ago.

But it looks like your kids enjoy it!

And a fun memory!

Keli said...

Um, did you just say "hollered" in this post? Yeah, you've been in Idaho far too long. ;)

Looks like fun !

Heather Hayes said...

Those fish are huge! The only fish I've ever caught was half the size of Katanya's! Nice work!