Monday, October 26, 2009

mommy pre-school

Actually Cruz call it his "school" but you can figure out who the teacher is.After our lives finally settled down and we were able to get into a schedule, we finally started preschool. I've always been one to do it myself because of our crazy lives. This year we are working with a program called Frontline Phonics. Since Cruz missed the deadline by 10 days this year, I am hoping that he is reading (or close to) by the time Kindergarten starts next year. He has a love for learning and has loved doing his pages everyday. I originally started out only going to do preschool 3 days a week but since we started last Monday, it has been every day (as begged by the kids).
Katanya is in his class as well. I'm not focused on her writing or reading like Cruz but rather the letter recognition along with the sounds. She will follow Cruz in Kindergarten the following year. Wow, what a reality check when I realize that all my kids will be in school by 2011.

***The day we started pre-school, McKay and Kirsten were home sick. They felt left out and had to be included by doing the M page and coloring also. "They never get the fun stuff."

2 comments:

grannybabs said...

Your "home school" looks pretty fun!!

And it's been my experience that boys who are the oldest in their class do very well!!

traci said...

Anna missed by three weeks and is reading very well this year in Kindergarten. Though I can't take the credit - she asked me to teach her. So I started about two years ago when I started Brenden.

Natalie home preschools as well as her once a week preschool - but I've been lax since the baby was born.