Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The saga continues.....

I hadn't been to the house for a week, so tonight I decided to drive over and take a few more pics and see the damage. Now I know why I stay away. I have never been able to have a vision of the final project. Not just with this but in a lot of different cases. I walked in and I guess the look on my face was enough. WOW! I wouldn't have recognized anything. There are a few extra walls missing that we weren't going to remove but all in all Jake has done a lot of work. I think I am going to limit my visits though. Just too keep my marriage good and the stress level down. :)

This was the dining area. Jake ended up tearing apart the famous table. It was bolted down under the foundation and I guess there was no way of saving it. Although we are going to keep the chairs and make a picnic table for outside somewhere, or so he says.
This was the kitchen area. The walls weren't suppose to come down with the cabinets. I guess there was a few minor techniqualities that took place.
A view from the kitchen to the living room. I like the space though. I will admit it looks a lot bigger and will look a lot nicer. The drapes have still got to go. I don't know what kind of window treatments to do yet. Any ideas for this big monster window? They had a big paint sale at Home Depot and we have bought the paint. We don't have it tinted yet but I have chosen most of the colors. I think Jake wasn't expecting the boldness that I want. I have Betsy and Bonny to thank for the appreciation of color! I used to be a white wall person but that changed in 2003 when we visited both of them in the summer. Anyway, any opinions are very welcome!

2 comments:

Alice said...

It always looks worse than it is. If Jacob inherited any of his father's gene's, don't stress. They do have a vision for the final project. On ahead with COLOR, you can always paint over it. However, remember, it will always be DARKER than it looks on the chip. Do a test piece and wait for daylight to check it. Good Luck. we can't wait to see the finished project.

Betsy said...

Well it looks like it will be very open now. I'm amazed the roof is still standing.

I agree with mom, paint is always darker than the chip. So go a few shades lighter. In the end you'll like it better and for a longer time.
I'm a big fan of light blue tones. Blue goes with just about everything.

I can't wait to see it. Keep us posted.