Saturday, July 08, 2006

Mommy-daughter date

Today, on Katanya's afternoon feeding, Kirsten and I made a date out of it. She went in with me to the hospital and "helped" me bottle feed her. She was in 7th heaven. She was able to hold the bottle while Katanya ate. She also loved to put a finger in Katanya's hand and let her hold it. Then after she was done, Kirsten was able to hold her, with the help of me, of course....my hands stayed underneath her....It made Kirsten's day though.

On a good note, Katanya graduated from the Isolette today and is now in an open crib. She will begin to regulate her own body temperature. She is orally taking every other feeding. She is continuing to nurse well also. She gained an ounce yesterday making her 4 pounds 13 ounces. Today she only gained 5 grams but that is typical as her body is demanding her to use more calories to keep her body temp up.

We haven't heard back on the ECHO yet, but the doctor is not as worried as she can hardly hear it now. The nurse this morning could not find it and it often comes and goes. We are not worried until we have a reason to.

Thank you for all the prayers again! I have a strong testimony on prayer and I know that is the reason that Katanya has been so strong and growing steadily. We love all of you and thank you for all the love, help, and support!

No comments: