Saturday, July 01, 2006

Two steps forward, one step back.

This week has been nice to see family. Last night Peter and Amy came up and we got to visit with them and go to dinner. It was a lot of fun just catching up on old times and new ones. My kids loved having them around also. Kirsten enjoyed playing "Hide and Seek", Hungry Hippos, Hopscotch, and making funny faces with them. She is quite the social person.













*Like father....like son* We were walking back over to the restaurant and I though this looked really cute.



We were able to visit and see Katanya last night. They even let us go into the "isolation" room so everyone could see her. There wasn't any bigger babies in there and so it was empty. The kids got to hold her hand and actually see her in Jake or my arms. Cruz had never really grasped the fact with the whole baby thing yet. He didn't understand either that Katanya was in an Isolette now instead of a heat bed. He finally warmed up to her and held her finger for a quick second.

Katanya "nippled" half of her feeding last night. This mean she took half of the 45 ML by bottle. They said this is really good for the first time. On a different note though, when I went in this morning, she was on a tiny tiny bit of oxygen. She had dropped during the night and they put the tubes back on. They said this is normal and that how long depends on the baby. It's hard to see a set back but I am counting my blessings and trying not to let it get me down. It's hard with all the emotions and everything.

Her is a picture of Katanya at 12 days old. Like I said, she is growing and all in all doing really good. Her outfit makes her look twice the size she is. Kirsten said the next time she is in her "Marie" outfit (the kitty on Aristocats) that she will wear her Marie shirt to match.

2 comments:

traci said...

Set backs are the pits. Natalie didn't have many, but I quickly learned to allow myself to feel my emotions. Once they were vented (in a good way) I was ready to deal with the set back.

I'm glad things are going well. We continue to keep you in our prayers.

Kaahl said...

Same here, i continue to keep you kids in my prayers. jake, you are wearing my shirt.