Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Face of an Angel

Take a look. Innocent, sweet, cute, adorable are all words that come to mind. This is my baby.I had been blessed with three very easy, very mellow babies. All of them that slept the night early on in their little lives. None of them very picky, all of them happy and playful. Did I mention VERY EASY? Needless to say,my fourth, has been the exact opposite! She has been very strong and independent from birth, and I was grateful for this trait. Now, I don't know what to think. This sweet angel teases and knows just how to push my buttons. She still refuses to eat almost all foods. I've never had a biter until her. I often feel like I fight her with everything simple thing that happens in life. She's fearless and I spend most of my day trying to keep her from falling off chairs, or jumping off couches and beds. Then nighttime comes, and bedtime is another battle. Her precious attitude has made me glad that she is the last and not the first. Although it's not just me that puts up with her.... (busted....)
Kirsten and Cruz had climbed in her playpen to protect themselves from Katanya hitting them on the head with a doll. She knows how to tease and loves it. Many times she will run and grab something you are using or working with and start running around the bar saying na, na, na, na, na, na, or she runs and hides.

Where did she learn this?

Although, after all is said and done (and she is in bed and asleep) we still love her.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like you have a true diva on your hands.

And I love the Hallelujah song-we just downloaded it last weekend.

N8ster said...

Isaac used to climb on stuff all the time too. We didn't rescue him. We figured after he fell a few times he would learn better.

Hazel, who is also a picky eater, has also recently been inducted into the "you don't have to like it, but you do have to eat it" club. The way it works in our house is "This is the next thing you will eat. You don't have to eat it for dinner--we will save it for breakfast. If you don't want to eat it for breakfast, we can pack it for you lunch.

traci said...

Natalie pulls hair. She tried biting, but luckily she hates getting her mouth smacked. Oh, the joys of kids and their little personalities....Jeremy's hitting took me a long time to combat. Once I figured out the perfect consequence he only hit three more times and then gave it up.

Best of luck.

I've always said kids are cute for a reason.