Monday, March 10, 2008

Things I learned about training this year

This year my time was : 2:19:32
Last year my time was: 3:14:46
I am happy, need I say more?
Next race time goal : 2:00:00 or less
(I'm thinking maybe Lake Tahoe in September)


THINGS I LEARNED ABOUT TRAINING THIS YEAR

1. It is funner to pass people than to be passed.
2. You are not nearly as sore the next day.
3. It leaves a good taste of running after the race.
4. It makes me want to do another this year.
5. It can make you go just a little bit fast and last a lot longer.


THINGS I LEARNED ABOUT MOAB:

1. Do not hike up to Delicate Arch a couple hours after you finish running 13 miles. That mile there will be your longest one yet.
2. Staying in Moab is way better than Green River. And cheaper too! The townhouse has many advantages! Again a brilliant idea by Jake.
3. It is about 215 miles from Orem to Moab. Check your gas gauge incase your husband doesn't.
4. A good breakfast will get you far. Not like last year where a power bar didn't even last to when the race started.



THINGS THAT DROVE ME TO FINISH FASTER THIS YEAR

1. Having Kirsten remind me ALL year long how I was near the end or what she called last. (2007)
2. Proving to McKay that I can do it better and faster.
3. Proving to myself that I can do it without wanting to quit.


WHAT I AM GRATEFUL FOR

1. A husband that decided to run with me because he didn't want painful knees afterward. In return this drove me to go faster. He even stopped when I had to go to the bathroom. WOW!
2. I love my kids, but thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for watching them. It took a lot of stress out of the way.
3. Betsy's sport beans! All I can say is YUMMY! One per mile is all the reward I need.

4. Thank goodness they let the i-pod rule slip by.

Before the race jitters.

(It really isn't as cold as it looks. There low was our high. It warmed up pretty fast.)

6 comments:

Keli said...

Nice Work! I'm very impressed. You should do a full marathon. You'd kick butt.

hanner said...

I hiked Delicate Arch the day after the race last year and I can definitely attest to the fact that it is a very, very bad idea.

Keli said...

Cute new blog! Where'd you get it?

Laura said...

So cool you did this! Talk about dedication! I'm impressed!

amy k said...

Hey Keli, It's Blogger XML skins. The link is under all the archives.

bonny with a Y said...

great job!