Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A 2 in 1 Art Horse Camp

Back to mid July, McKay was able to go to a week long Horse camp.
 
She learned several things about horses.  How to ride, groom, clean tack, saddle, and even the stinky part of cleaning the stall.  
The last day, I went to take pictures and watch the kids ride and go through a trail course.  It brought back old memories of when I used to ride and ones of my horses.  (Yes, my daughter is wearing capris while riding.  I had left early before her ride picked her up and didn't know about this until it was too late.)
 Although, I don't think it was enough because I still don't want any pets at this point.  Especially big ones.
McKay got to ride Whisper all week.  She developed a good bond with her.  
So on Friday, after they had ridden all morning, they got to do something that the kids said was one of the funnest things....
They got to take Art lessons, with their horses as their canvas.
There was spray paint.... 
 ....and there was....
 finger painting.  Who knew you would get two things out of one camp?
Everyone had fun....
And now some of my other kids can't stop talking about "earning money to go to horse camp next year."
The real question is, do they want to learn how to ride or do they want to become artistically creative?

3 comments:

ShayLynn said...

I remember the days when you didn't want anyone to know you liked horses...too funny that your daughter is taking an interest!

grannybabs said...

Looks like fun - Harry's sister had a horse when they were all growing up - they talk about it lots.

chelon:) said...

Such great pictures! Email me some when you get a chance :)The girls had sooo much fun and can't wait until next year to do it all again.