Sunday, August 05, 2012

Lost and Found.....again in Boston

A Sunday (lost) in Boston....
We started Sunday morning off by going to church with the sales manager in the area.  It made me miss our ward and our young women.  We then set out on an adventure to find Bunker Hill.  Yep, we got lost.
The climb was fun, and small, and confined.  The 294 stairs weren't the challenge.  I jogged the whole way up, in a dress, and in sandals.  The challenge for me was to keep my mind over matter with my claustrophobic issues. 
We made it to the top..... 
 I didn't like this part either.  You could see all the way down.  I didn't stand on the grate.
 
We also found (walked) to the Boston Harbor. 
 
On the way back to our car, we got off the subway a little early and walked around Harvard.  Jacob got a little lost here too. 
We drove out to see the Boston Temple.  I would have loved to go through a session but it was closed for maintenance while we were there.
I was in a little bit of heaven when I got to walk barefoot in real grass (that's Kentucky Bluegrass).
We then drove out to Concord (and yes, we got a little lost again, this time more misguided than lost.) And saw the North Bridge where the Revolutionary battle begun.
As we crossed the bridge, we could see this little old house on the banks.  I took a picture because I know my dad would have loved it.
Here is the view from the side the British were coming.  
 
Jacob is sitting on a bench in the trees.
This was the house that Ralph Waldo Emerson grew up in.  He wrote the poem that is on the monument there that declared "the shot heard around the world."
I took a bunch of photos here because I liked the difference lines and scenery.   This was our last stop before we called it a night and went and found lunch / dinner.  I definitely would love to go here again.

No comments: