Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Love at Home

Back in June, we moved to a new house, I finally have the tour put together.
This was day one of our move.  While Jacob was at work, I would box up things, take it over to the new house and unpack.  I got tired of it looking like I hadn't even made a dent so I started moving the big things!  Over the week Jacob and I moved our entire house with just our minivan and a little trailer. 
 
Here is our new home.  We only moved 1.5 miles (I know because our new neighbor is a running friend of mine and I have run to her house to run with the group several times.)  Our reason for moving was a smaller house, smaller yard, and cheaper rent & utilities.  We managed to stay in the same ward and same school boundaries.  The whole explanation of why I couldn't look at houses on the other side of the main road was one that my realtor didn't understand.  When trying to explain that the church that I attend is based off geographical location and that would put me in a different "meeting place", his response was, "Can't you just lie?"
While I walked outside to take a picture, I noticed these. Swirling, fast, moving clouds.  Minutes later, it was a downpour. I love it when it rains!
Back to our new home.  Here it is!  The walls are tan.  It was driving me nuts.  So I have tried to add a little more color with paintings and rugs.  Just for the record..... I love this house.  It feels so much more like a home.
We still have our "media" room as I like to call it.  Its suppose to be the dining room but I like having all the computers together.  It's also become the music room with McKay's instruments and the piano.
The game room still looks the same.  I haven't switched out the curtains yet upstairs.  I'm not a big fan of the big red and golden paisley prints. 
 Cruz still has his own room,
 
and space for his beloved Legos. 
Kirsten has her bedroom that is still the #1 automatic guestroom.  She got a (generic) Lovesack for Christmas and she loves to read on it.  There have been a few nights that she has fallen asleep on it even.

She has tried to decorate it to be a little more colorful.  She has taken a love for color too.  She keeps saying how she hates brown walls.
Katanya and McKay share a bedroom.  They got the biggest room and it actually fits two queen size beds.  
For Anya's birthday, she picked out some flowers and paintings to put in her room.  After we decorated, McKay decided her half was too "technical" and it required another trip to Ikea and more color.
 The new duvet covers were less than $15!  YAY!
 
And she finally got the pictures that she received on her birthday with the "hidden letters" put up on her wall.
This is my sewing area.  It's just off the game room in a little space that overlooks the living room and stairs.  It's perfect!  I've used it several times already.
After we moved in, and while Betsy was visiting, I got the responsibility of moving Jacob's three car garage junk into our two car garage.
Thankfully Betsy had a truck and we got this done in only one 105 degree afternoon.
That same week, Jacob and Isaac put together our play scape.  We have a smaller backyard but that only means less yard work.  Yay again!

3 comments:

ShayLynn said...

Looks great! I love the owl print in your girls' room... where did you get it?? So glad you are lovin' Texas!

amy k said...

Ikea for $10. The stick-ons on the closet were at JoAnns for one dollar. : )

Jamie said...

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic of McKay on the wall. Seriously it gave me chills and made me cry. :)I know it sounds cheesy at 31, but it's totally something I need in my room to remind me every day of that very same thing. Awesome job Am.