Thursday, August 24, 2006

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to school we go.....

McKay's first day of school pose by herself.........and below with her siblings......

McKay finally started school yesterday. After this crazy summer, I was looking forward to having some structure back in our life. She is in the third grade this year. She is half way thru elementary school (do I feel old). I was also thinking yesterday that there will be a time in my life where three of my kids are all in elementary school together. And now the thought just occured that there will be three in high school together (9-12th) OUCH!!! Anyway she had a good time and came home excited to do homework. When we went to take her this morning, I went to take a picture and the other two kids went running up next to her and smiled. I didn't even have to say it. Man are they trained. You will also notice that they were still in there pajamas though. I am so not a morning person. I was on the other side of the camera in my pajamas as well. We started McKay in the school she will be going when we move so for now I have to drive her. Once we move the bus stop is right infront of our house. I will love that once again.

Kirsten started "preschool" as well. I am doing it at home to reduce the risk of bringing more germs and colds home this winter with Katanya being so small. Her comment was "Mom, how can you be a mom and a teacher?" My reply, "Moms can be a lot of things." She is excited learning the sounds of the alphabet as well as writing her letters and numbers. I did the same with McKay when she was preschool age because we were traveling and living everywhere at the time like Cedar City and Escalante. (The days that we were more in Utah than we were in Idaho, sad but true.)

As an update with Turbo Jam, I have done it 16 days in a row, (granted Sundays are a rest). I haven't lost "a lot" of weight but as of last night I had lost 5 1/2 inches of my waist and 4 off my chest. As well as a little off the hips and arms and thighs. I still love it and am going strong!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Congratulations! You are starting to convince me that I need to try it out. The running is hurting my legs a bit. I might have pushed too hard.

Phoebe said...

Wow! Good for you. I might have to dive in and buy it for myself. Calvinis almost two so I don't think the "baby weight" excuse is workingany more!