Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Justice....ha ha

Just an update we got on Friday about the lady that hit the kids and I. She failed the field sobriety test but the cops arrested her for a suspended license. By the time that the wreck was done, she was arrested, booked, and taken to the hospital for a blood test, the results came back at a .04. She was below the legal limit which means she won't get charged with a DUI. The prosecutor told us that she would likely do the mandatory 2 days in jail for the suspended license and fined and that would be it. Jake basically told the prosecutor that our baby spent more time in the hospital than she would in jail. HOW SAD. Where is the justice in the world. I am just glad that I never saw her up close or what she looked like. I am afraid if I ever ran into her what would happen. I guess this is where I need to forgive and forget.......it's just so hard.

4 comments:

Min said...

At least all of you are okay and Katanya is doing well. I would think it would be even harder to forgive if things had turned out worse than they did. Keep working at it, it will happen.

traci said...

Out here in Indiana a NICU made a horrible mistake this weekend and made six sick babies sicker. So far three of them have died. The other three aren't out of the woods yet.

There were five nurses involved. It was a deadly mistake - both sides are hurting plenty. At this time no action at all is being taken towards any employee.

Some parents are having a very hard time with that fact.

Just remember that justice isn't always fair, but when we are judged by the final Judge punishment is WORSE there than if she paid for it here.

amy k said...

I heard about that on CNN. It's crazy and very sad. It makes my problems seem so small.

bonny with a Y said...

forgiveness is a hard one to master - I have wasted too much time harboring my anger.

so i can sympathize with you.