Friday, September 08, 2006

The wooden anniversary!

It all started on this night. Jake asked me to marry him. I can't believe it was over five years ago. Time flies by. Five years ago Jake and I were married (at an unreasonable time for those who remember. It was also Jake's idea to get married so early in the morning for the "morning light" in the pictures. ) It was five years ago that we were sealed to McKay. Five years ago that she was running around the house at four in the morning saying she was going to the temple. WOW! It's really not that long of a time, but a lot has happened in five years.
The first night of our honeymoon we stayed in Idaho Falls on our way up to Montana. Who knew we would end up living there years later. I never would have guessed it at the time.

We stayed at a few different places in Glacier. We were here during the attack of 9/11 with no T.V. It was a crazy honeymoon. I would love the chance to relax and have a second. I think we all would.

We spent the day working at the house and running errands. Very romantic! :) I love you Jake!

P.S. Happy Anniversary Betsy and Nate! (It would be hard to forget that one as well.)

4 comments:

Hester said...

congrats on 5 years. why did you get married so early in the morning? i had the unfortunate task of waking up all the tired kids and bringing them to the temple at 7 am. not fun. oh well, i still love you both.

amy k said...

Jake wanted the morning light in all the pictures. I had to get up at one in the morning and go have my hair done. My hair stylist was SO nice to do it at that time. We had to be to the temple by 5 am. CRAZY!!!

Betsy said...

happy fifth!!!

bonny with a Y said...

ahhh - happy anniversary - can i tell you how funny it was to open your blog and see duke's. that's at the bottom of my canyon! then i remembered you guys coming out to go to dinner.

enjoy!