Saturday, September 16, 2006

Love at home

Since so many people have asked, I will do a quick blog on the progress of the house. I haven't posted any pictures or made any remarks about it for a couple reasons. 1- it's a sensitive subject 2 - Jake doesn't want any pictures posted until it's complete 3 - remodeling is frustrating.

Anyway the progress..... it's all painted and the trim is all up. The bamboo floors are all layed. I am in love with the way the bamboo looks. It's the lighter wood color and matches the maple cabinets. The carpet was installed last Tuesday. The tile is halfway done in the bathrooms. The cupboards and cabinets are all up and put together. They are installing the countertops tonight as we speak. Even the dishnetwork is installed.

What is left.....Installing the stove, microwave, fridge and dishwasher. Putting on the heat vents. Properly installing the windows. The tile can be completed when we are in because we do have one working and finished bathroom. Putting the faces on some of the electrical socets. We are also waiting on some of the lights that we ordered to come. We can install those when they come. Also the moon shaped island in the middle of the kitchen will be installed later. It's not a neccessity right now. We also have to "decorate". This will have to wait until IKEA is open in Salt Lake and we have a little more funding. We just might be without a couch and chairs in the living room for a little bit.

Our plan.....We are cleaning it on Monday and moving in on Tuesday. It's been a long process. The propane will come on the 22nd. I just hope it doesn't get to cold until then. We had a fire going in the fireplace tonight and it warmed it up really good. It has been so cold here. It didn't get higher than 50 today. I really hope it warms up. Also our fridge won't be here until the 27th. I haven't figured that out yet. The downstairs isn't completed yet. It still has a few more days of sheetrock and then paint and trim and electrical. We can do that while we are living there though. We are stressed from the crazy schedule we have right now. That and how much gas I go thru is outrageous.

As for the pictures.....you will have to ride Jacob on that one. We painted our house with color (of course). A few people have been over to see it and they don't know what to think. It's not crazy by anymeans just modern. We are the "outcasts" because we aren't the same or original like everybody else. It looks really good though. Our kitchen is one color that ties into the living room which is another color which ties into the hall which is another color. Then the bedrooms are each painted 2 walls one color and 2 walls white. We even have a small orange bathroom (Jake gets the credit on that one.) I love it. I just feel so HAPPY when I walk into my house. I know it's hard to explain but I will post pictures shortly.

P.S. We will be without the internet for a couple days so we won't be able to do any "blogging." I know, so sad.

4 comments:

Maddy Grace said...

senitive subject is an understatment ha ha ha ha but I am glad that you guys are getting further along I can hope to be in it for Thanksgiving Yahoo... Can't wait all your kids are getting too big ahhhhhh

Betsy said...

I am so excited to see the finall tour with pictures. I will be waiting and holding my breath. As for living without a fridge. I did that for a month at the beginning of the summer. Just plan on getting rid of everything that isn't absolutely essentlial and put it in an ice chest. Also you will then have to buy milk by the 1/2 gallon and ice every day. And left overs don't work either. At least youor outside is cooled off.

amy k said...

Update....We will move in on Friday now. We are hoping to have some heat by then. That and Jake had a bunch of work this week. A neighbor in the ward is letting us borrow a spare fridge until ours gets here.

Phoebe said...

So excited to see it all finished!