Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Finding the Christmas Spirit

Christmas came and went at lightening speed. With all of Jacob's finals and projects (straight A's once again!) the month of December was gone before we knew it.
We did our normal traditions, singing and the candles on Sunday evenings,
and the new ornament with a family picture on the Christmas Tree. We decided for the year of 2010 to do a saddle as I went back to work at a Saddle Company.

I had a hard time finding the Christmas spirit this year. Our lives has been a whirlwind and I'm still trying to pick up the pieces. It wasn't until we went to church the Sunday before Christmas and I listened to the Christmas program. It was what I needed. Kirsten wrote a poem that same sacrament meeting that I want to share with this post. It amazes me how big of a spirit that such a small person has.

LOOK
Look, did you see the new shiny star that holy night?
Or did you see Mary's happy face?
Did you see the animals or the angels up high?
Did you see Jesus being so calm?
Did you hear the angels singing?
Did you see the three wise men or the shepherds?
Did you hear the sheep or the camels?
Did you see the gold and silver?
I did not hear or see any of these things,
But I've been learning about them and I believe.

By,
Kirsten

3 comments:

grannybabs said...

The poem is great - you should send it to the Friend magazine!!

ShayLynn said...

What a sweet poem! You already know a great talent she has.

N8ster said...

The psaddle ornament is very cute.