Friday, January 07, 2011

I looked out the window and what did I see?

A moose running through our property.
Yesterday morning after the girls got on the bus I went to make sure Jacob was out of bed when I saw a moose crossing the fields. I've heard of moose coming around before but it's been a long time since I've seen one here. I love (some) of the wildlife we have here. The elk herds are up the road in the potato fields but we have yet to go up and look at them. At this time of year it helps to have four wheel drive. The not so nice parts; last summer we had a mountain lion hit a couple miles away from our house.

This brings me to another resolution I had on my list; to take more pictures. I've been lucky and at the family outings we have lots of members who do but I've slacked off. So instead of sitting and wishing that I had had a telephoto lens for my camera to zoom in on the moose, I'll put it to action to justify saving up and getting one someday.

2 comments:

grannybabs said...

Believe it or not, we have lots of wildlife here in Monrovia - deer, raccoons, coyotes, skunks, bear - but never a moose!

Laura said...

We had a lot of deer growing up, and some smaller critters and it was awesome... but I would poo my pants if a moose came rambing though...or a mountain lion. Wow that is crazy stuff, pretty cool though!!