Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Bringing a little Idaho to Texas

Finally a few before and after pictures mixed in with our Idaho home pictures.
Above was my kitchen in Idaho. I loved the cabinets. Jacob made them back when he remodeled the house. It was one of my favorite things of the house.
Our new kitchen before we painted (as shown before).
And our new kitchen painted in a light gray. We used our old cupboard (the one section we brought with us) for our plates and glasses.
Again, above is our living room from our Idaho house.
And, this is our new "game" room here in Texas. (I still like calling it a family room but everyone here refers to it as a game room.)
This room was a dark mud brown and it felt boxed in. I didn't take any before pictures but we ended up painting it the exact same color as our living room before. Between the paint that we had brought and what Betsy had left over that she couldn't take to Kansas, I didn't have to buy anything for this room. The colors (and couch) just made it feel so cozy and at home.
This is the before pic of the living room.And this is the new one. We never had a living room in Idaho so we had to take some of our "junk" (the stuff we sold on Craigslist) money and buy another couch. We still want to find a colored rug and some art for this room but that will come as we find the "perfect" pieces.

P.S. The broken Fiestaware count is at two and a loss of $24. This time it was my oldest. I told the kids they had one freebie and then it was over. Over the weekend we also went and bought plastic cups, bowls, and plates that they can use for lunch and breakfast. I can't afford buying a new dish every week.

3 comments:

Loni said...

Looks awesome! Miss you guys up here in Idaho.

grannybabs said...

My dad hated plastic cups and dishes - so we ate and drank from china and glass - but we sure had a lot of broken dishes and glasses - sometimes we drank out of jam jars!! (Always a mortification to me, but my dad really hated anything but glass for drinking.)

And we saved can labels to redeem for dishes at the market - we'd go around with the wagon on trash day to collect cans with the right labels!!)

Your house looks great, by the way!!

Alice said...

I remember that we had some aluminum glasses that he particularly hated but I always liked the different colors. Hadn't thought about that for a long time. Now I do hate drinking out of anything other than glass but will in a pinch.