Saturday, August 20, 2011

"Nine is no longer considered a little kid."


Or this is what McKay has said and Kirsten hasn't forgotten it. As of now, It is Kirsten's birthday....officially.

Nine years ago on August 19th, we helped my parents take their garden out. I was pulling out corn. I remember thinking, "maybe this will help me go into labor." It did. I woke up a little after 2:30 a.m. with heavy contractions and my first thought was, "I have to do my hair and makeup." I didn't want the pictures to look horrible. I learned a lesson after the first. She came less than 4 hours later. We could never decide on a name before she was born. Jacob and I took one look at our sweet little angel and we looked at each other and said "Kirsten." And so it was.

Kirsten Skye reminds me of when I was a little child. I think she looks the most like me when I was that age. Although she is a very strong willed child and a counter just like her dad, she has a tender sweet spirit. She wants to learn and wants to do what is right. She really looks up to her older sister. I am so glad that she is a part of our family.
Happy 9th Birthday Kirsten! I hope this year is fabulous for you.

2 comments:

grannybabs said...

So, it looks like Kirsten shares a birthday with Hannah!! A happy coincidence!!

Enjoy your day and the year ahead!!

Alice said...

Happy Birthday from Grandma and Grandpa Kerksiek