Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My kids keep growing and growing....

It's the first day of school today for ALL of my kids. I just dropped them off. I'm a little overwhelmed. The traffic is just crazy. They say to give it a couple of weeks and it will get better. I hope so. I didn't expect it to take 18 minutes to go a little over a mile. My friends in Idaho, you have it so easy.
I still wasn't ready to send them off. I have really enjoyed this summer and how well everyone got along. I know I'm not ready for a schedule either, although it will help me get a lot of the things that I slacked the last year caught up on.
I took these pictures on Friday. These two are only a grade apart and their classrooms are right across from each other. I love how close they are and how they can help each other through school.
Over the last couple of years they have learned to really get along and play with each other.
They are so goofy....
silly.....
but yet lovable.
I really can't believe how these two girls have grown. Especially when we were shopping for school stuff. They are smart, strong willed and willing to learn.
And yet they still try to act so much older than they are.

Back to my kids being gone. I just got home and my house feels empty and quiet. What to do first?

2 comments:

grannybabs said...

By the time I had all my kids in school, I was working for Harry at his office and then very soon I was substitute teaching - and I had looked forward to having them all in school for forever it seemed. At least it made the "babysitting" easier!

I suggest you read a book or watch a movie!! (That's what I always dreamed of doing!!)

Laura said...

Those are darling pictures!! Hope the first day was great, minus the traffic...that is nuts! Maybe you will all have to ride bikes or something. :)