Friday, May 25, 2012

Seen through the eyes of my Kids!

Mother's Day was nice this year. As always, I asked for the kids to "Love one another, and no teasing!"  Their response was, "Mom, that's what you always say."  I guess I still haven't gotten my wish.
I love to read what my kids write about me and how they perceive being a mom.  Katanya was asked, "What does your mom do while you are at school?"  Her response was, "She goes running and sometimes she cleans."  I'm happy with that.  She also wrote that I was as pretty as a flower, my favorite thing to do is watch TV (I wish I had time for that), and that I always say "I Love You Too!"  So sweet!

In Cruz's story titled, "My Mother: A True Story", he said that I'm happy when he cleans his room (right); that his mom always forgets to sign his binder (mostly right).  When asked what he really likes about my is "she is always happy." (heart melting)  My looks include: I'm as tall as a fence, I way 148 (wrong) and I look best in dresses.  This makes it all worth it.
On another note, Jacob made this chair.  First he hunted down an old dumptruck chair last August.  I guess he still wanted a little of the construction life.  Then he found an industrial sewing machine in September with his "leftover tool money."  Finally a couple months ago, he started putting it together, piece by piece.  He sewed every stitch.  I'm quite impressed.  So now it's his new air chair on wheels.  What a nerd.....oops I mean genius.  Gotta love him.

1 comment:

grannybabs said...

Love the chair - we need to get Jacob doing his own furniture line!!