Tuesday, May 29, 2012

How we do it in Texas....

I knew it was a big thing. They call it Wellness Day here but it is the same at Field Day or Play Day back home. I didn't realize just how big this was!  A week before school got out, I pulled up to drop the kids off in the morning and we saw all the inflatable toys in the parking lot, McKay's words were, "I'm jealous.  I never got this."
They started off the day bringing all the classes out and doing a dance.  Then by grades they got to perform there own cheer / dance to compete for the "year long banner rights."  From there it was a little fun run around the block for all the kids.  What a rat race!
I volunteered to go around will Katanya's class and help out where needed.  All of the classes rotated every 20 minutes.  There were games....
 Building / Creative thinking games, trampoline jumping inflatables....(On this mountain, I had to lift a kid up to put the last bucket on.  They were having problems sharing so we put them together for one big mountain.  As we were taking pictures a gust of wind came along and blew it over on them.)
Water stations, (why didn't Jacob think of this in Idaho)  
Water Inflatable Slides....
 and more water slides.
Judo demonstrations,
and bungee trampoline flip throwing things for the older grades.
By the time we had an hour left, the kids were exhausted.
This is one of Katanya's friends.  By chance we are moving right next door to them next month.  Its a small move (ha ha, is anything a small move with Jacob's things?), so hopefully going a couple streets down the road won't be too stressful.
I loved being able to come in and work with Katanya's class and teacher this year!  Her teacher is one of the best!  I have been grateful to have had FABULOUS kindergarten teachers for all of my children.
And last but not least there was a picture taking station.  We have to have pictures right?

I guess they really do go BIGGER in Texas!

1 comment:

grannybabs said...

Looks like a great activity to me!!