Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Happy Happy Early Birthday Present

Here's a little history lesson: (a pre-lesson before the real history lesson)....
 For some reason, Jacob and I have never really been able to figure out the whole holiday / "special" day thing.  It's just not been our strong point.  Whether we haven't had money to do gifts for each other or we've been apart for birthdays or just even the whole, "we aren't getting along thing;" we haven't figured out the secret yet.  This year I was afraid it was going to be the same, until I started reading and learning about the Nexus 7.  It was stated to be: "The new tablet to make Apple come out with a cheaper one."  So I started thinking......
I ordered it the day it came out and was so excited, but I couldn't keep it a secret.  So when Jacob had to spend a little over a week in Boston and he wanted me to fly out for the weekend to join him, I gave him a "week early" birthday present....and he was happy.  (Not surprised because I just couldn't hold it in, I showed him on the computer earlier than that even.)  

I hope he likes it and I hope its the perfect start to the perfect birthday week! 

2 comments:

grannybabs said...

The school district is giving every teacher an iPad - I get mine tomorrow. Not sure what I'm going to do with it!!

Enjoy Boston!!

Alice said...

hope you have a great birthday tomorrow.