Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Walk it Girl!

We did a modest runway show for an activity in Young Women's a couple weeks ago.
The goal was to bring one or two outfits that were modest and that you possibly "altered" to make modest.  We had a lesson about a month or so ago on how to alter clothing (pants, shorts, skirts, shirts, and swimsuits) to keep them modest.

We did the catwalk in front of the activity day girls!  Here is our group of girls.  Come to find out, about half our ward (not joking) goes on vacation near the month of July.  This isn't even half of them.
 
 McKay wanted an I'm a Mormon T-shirt Dress.  So I combined three different ideas I saw on the internet and this was the outcome.   I really like it and luckily so did she!
 This is McKay and a couple of her friends.....
 ....wanting a photo shoot after the runway show. 
 I think they've been watching a little too much "America's Next Top Model."
Julia's a really good friend of McKay's.  In fact, she's like a my fourth daughter.  She is always over here or McKay is over at her house.   I'm so thankful for great friends for my children!

1 comment:

grannybabs said...

Great idea - and to have the Activity Day girls be the audience is an even better idea!!