Thursday, September 27, 2012

Cruz's Special Day

Cruz turned eight a couple weeks ago so this past Saturday, he was able to be baptized. 
 
These two are the special men in my life!  I love them dearly.  (This picture above is personally one of my favorites.  I love what it shows.)
Cruz had his own special day since family members were going to be in town.   I've never seen him so happy and smiling.  He was baptized and confirmed out in Taylor by his dad.
He was able to choose who said the prayers, which songs were sung, who talked, and what musical numbers were played.
There were several neighbors and friends that came out too.  (Since it is about 30 minutes away, I was very impressed and grateful.)
(It was really a lot more exciting and fun than McKay lets on....)
The program went: Prayers - Aspen and Kirsten.  Jacob gave a talk on baptism and I gave one on the Holy Ghost.  We sang "I Know That My Savior Loves Me" and "I Am a Child of God."
Cruz asked his dad to give a talk on Baptism and me to give a talk on the Holy Ghost.  I tried to get him to change that last talk but he was definite on me doing it.  I based it off of this idea I found on the internet!  The kids loved it.  I handed out a traffic light signal that the little kids could follow along with and have as a reminder.
Aspen, McKay, and I played a trio of a number from Paul Cardall's "I Love To See the Temple" arrangement.  We had a day to practice and I must say it went amazingly well.  We also played some primary hymns while we waited for the "men" to dress. 

I'm very grateful that we had family members that came.  Betsy, Nate and their family made such a long drive for such a short time.  Mike & Mindy and Aimee also made it up from San Antonio even when they were dealing with sick ones at home!  I love you all!

1 comment:

grannybabs said...

You've certainly been busy - but it looks like a good busy!!