Monday, September 10, 2012

I can't wait until I'm eight!

Happy Birthday Cruz!
Cruz turns the magic "8" today.  He was such a blessing when he came into our lives. 
Being the only boy, he has brought so much joy and "new" things into our lives.
Cruz at his blessing in Utah.  My dad had asked me if we would baptize Cruz in Utah so he could see it.  I know he'll be able to see it here in Texas now.
 
He was afraid of fish when we was a baby, but he LOVES to learn about sharks now.  Before we had Cruz, Jacob and I were set on the name Crux.  (pronounced Crew).  Jacob had always wanted to keep it a secret so we had never told anybody the name.  His middle name was a given as it is passed down through the oldest boy in the family.  A couple weeks before I had him, I confided in McKay (I don't know how smart that was at the time) but I told her the name of the baby.  I immediately realized I didn't like the way Crux went with Alma and we switched back to Jacob's first choice Cruz.  I'm glad we did!  He's definitely our "Cruzamatic"!

1 comment:

grannybabs said...

This seems to be a birthday and baptism year - we have 3 grandkids getting baptized this year.