Sunday, September 23, 2012

My little brother, Mikey

 Last week, we were in Utah for roughly 5 days and 4 nights.  Before I post about all the fun things we did, I wanted to make a post of my brother and his family. 
When I saw Mikey late Friday night, he told me that his little guy wouldn't go to anybody and just cry the whole time.  That was my challenge.  I think by the end of our trip, he was "okay" with me.  Korver is definitely a momma's boy right now.  Haley is so sweet and I enjoyed just hanging out and talking.
Mikey's a great dad.  Olivia just loves him too. 
I have always called my brother Mikey.  Especially when my first husband's name was Mike.  It was the distinction that I gave him so I could tell him apart.  Now that I don't need it, I still use it all the time.  He's a great brother and I've treasured the conversations and memories we've had.  You'll always be my "little brother" and you will always be Mikey to me.

No comments: