Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The instigator.....

I admit. I was a slacker. There were many of times I thought to myself, I need to register. I need to make it downtown and register. Then there were many of times I thought, it's way downtown and it's out of the way. I don't want to because I'd have to take all the kids in and chase Katanya around. Although the past couple of days, I really had meant to do it.

McKay started last week by asking about the election, the candidates, and voting. She then asked if we were going to vote. I had told her yes as my intentions were good. This year, I actually paid attention and followed the politics and watched two of the three debates. My thoughts switched several times as I liked some things more than others. But my (what I think) crazy, busy, lazy world didn't get me registered.

Then when McKay asked tonight while I was ironing if I voted, I had to look at her and tell her no. So Jake went to the Internet and found our precinct and that we could register there and we still had an hour left. Thank goodness we live out in the country. We had to go to good old Ririe. There were no lines, no waiting, and basically no one else there. So for the first time in my life I voted. It's the first year of many to come.

I gave my sticker to McKay as she was the inspiration to get there.

And yes, I am thankful to be an American too.

1 comment:

Brenna said...

Those Halloween costumes are amazing! I just told Roy that I want to be like you and be able to make Caleb's Halloween costumes. They look WAYYYYY cuter than the ones you buy at the store. And I bet a fully stocked pantry of food storage is feeling pretty good!