- time Jake over packed. I always over pack. I think Jake has more clothes than any of us here this trip.
- in the way we took a different route to Texas. Wouldn't advise it, longer and well, just longer.
- time in a long time that is only took $23 dollars to get to Salt Lake City in gas. Wow, and Ya!
- that we stayed both nights on the road in a hotel with three beds. The best part is we didn't spend more than $75. I don't know if the price is because 1-Jake is always wanting a good deal, 2- travel coupons, 3-because we travel til 1 or 2 in the morning and then are trying to find a room.
- time we saw wolves along the roadside in Arizona.
- ever hearing about Jonestown and the tragedy that went on there. There was a special on CNN that we picked up on satellite radio that was very interesting. This leads to the next one....
- trip with satellite radio. Big bonus!
- trip to Betsy's that we spent less than $240 in gas. And that is adding extra hours of driving on.
Now that the firsts are over there is one thing that we have realized. In all the times of us driving to Texas, we have ALWAYS driven through Albuquerque (and most of New Mexico) in the dark. Always.