Saturday, September 19, 2009

an old hobby

Cruz has bugged me for MONTHS and MONTHS for a pair of tractor pajamas. It's not like sewing is hard, it was just on the bottom of my list. So after 11 months, I finally pulled out my sewing machine and surger again. After last year's Halloween project, I burned myself out and hid them away in the back of my closet. When Betsy was here, we took a trip to the fabric store. This is always a mistake for me. I find too many cute fabrics, and have too many ideas. Now I have a stack of projects that have been sitting on my counter for 6 weeks. This stack is also on my to-do list (the list I made after seeing Betsy's. I only want to cross off a couple things a week but so far, I've been very productive.)This week is the week for sewing.
Cruz got his pajamas last night. I even added the applique to the shirt to make it complete. He is in heaven! He even got a second pair of dinosaur pajamas. It's too easy to make him happy.
P.S. For the record, I'm not making - sewing Halloween costumes this year.

6 comments:

grannybabs said...

I don't particularly enjoy making Halloween costumes - or Christmas pajamas - probably because they have to be done by a certain time.

But I do love to sew - but often put it off.

The jammies look great!!

Betsy said...

I love the way the pjs turned out. Cruz seems very happy!

Lindsey said...

Those are so cute. I do need your guidance in making Audrey costume this year.

Laura said...

i love those pj's- those are so dang cute!!

fstephenson said...

Amy, are you willing to make these for other people? I have three grandsons, 2 that I know of would like them. They Craig age 4 and Gary age 21/2. Also has Jacob got the information that I asked for? This is Aunt Joan

amy k said...

Joan, yes I can make these for your grandsons. Cruz is 5, how does Craig compare? What size is he in pants and shirts? What size is Gary? Just email me the info. I will do them at cost. My email is amykerksiek at yahoo dot com. Jacob did get the info. He said "thanks."