Friday, September 11, 2009

where were you on 9/11?

....on our honeymoon! We had just made it to Glacier National Park on September 10th, 2001. I was sick the whole day with an upset stomach and had not been able to keep anything down. The morning of September 11th, we woke up and finding myself starving I asked Jake to run down to the kitchen and get the free breakfast. Jacob wasn't too happy with me because it was not the way a honeymoon was suppose to be.

As Jacob went downstairs their was a crowd gathered around a 4" TV. Because we were inside the park, no TV's were in any of the hotels. The twin towers had been hit. He ran upstairs to explain the news. The rest of the day we went to the lounge (where there was one bigger TV) and watched the news. It was the first time I had been separated from McKay and I missed her a lot. I ran up quite the phone bill calling her everyday that week. We did enjoy the rest of our honeymoon but someday I would love to go back up there and really enjoy the beauty that we got distracted from.

I count my blessings all the time and I am glad to live in a free country!

No comments: