Saturday, June 22, 2013

Cub Scout Day Camp

As promised, Cub Scout Day Camp is bigger and better in Texas.  It's a four day  activity and you are required to send a volunteer one of the days.  Because of my situation, Jacob was volunteered to be the volunteer.  Not something he was super excited about doing because of the temperatures being in high nineties.  They had also estimated about 500 Cub Scouts that were going to attend.  This whole Cub Scout / Boy Scout thing is new to me so I'm still trying to figure it out.   The first day was cancelled (a very rare happening) due to lightening and a downpour of rain in the morning, so it was actually changed to a three day event.  Cruz took pictures with one of our old smart phones, so I'm curious they turned out.  If there are any interesting ones, I'll be sure to post them.  Anyway, he finally came home Friday afternoon, a little pink and tired (his gardening hat saved this kid from the sun!) but he was full of stories and LOVED it!  
P.S.  Bonus post to come later.

1 comment:

grannybabs said...

I've had to go work at Cub Scout day camp a time or two - always a fun time.